Monday, March 14, 2011

Trends... or your heart.....

... as artists and artisans, which do you follow? I have found myself thinking that perhaps if I followed whatever "trend" there is in art and decor, maybe I'd suddenly have a massive increase of interest in my art. Yet when I start to paint something that supposedly follows whatever trend in color, style, etc. that happens to be popular... I end up HATING it, and I almost hate myself for wasting time, creativity, and paint. Alright, that sounds a bit harsh - maybe not hate, per se... but I almost feel as if I've let myself down by not tapping into what I truly want to create.

I've never been much of a trend follower, and I suppose that's going to carry through to my art. I think, or I hope, that maybe those who appreciate my art are those who feel the same way :)

____

Speaking of creating.... I finished a painting last night, and I'm really proud of the results! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous painting!

    Congrats, I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger award. To read more about what it is, and if you'd like to participate, go here: www.bookgeekery.com :)

    ReplyDelete