Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Inspiration comes at odd times...

...in this case, an idea for a painting came as I was driving home, and had the setting sun in my rearview mirror, and the rising full moon up ahead of me.

I had in my minds eye the bright red-orange of the sun and the bright white of the full moon opposite one another, with some sort of scene unfolding between them, but wasn't entirely sure what exactly this scene was going to look like.

I finally decided on something simple, yet beautiful, and here is the result:



As soon as the art photography equation of time plus good outdoor lighting occurs around here, I'll be taking some more photos and listing the piece in my shop.

In other news - I need more sleep. x.x oy.

1 comment:

  1. Love the painting, it reminds me of a moon rise I once saw through the window. It gives you a awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete