Sunday, November 20, 2011

Trends? What trends...?

So... Are you a trend follower?

...Me?... hmm.... no...

I can't bring myself to do it.


Which is why my art will always consist of whatever I think is awesomesauce at the time of my creating the thing of art. Whatever that thing of art might be.

Today it has been miniature paintings - two of them, actually. They're not finished, yet, but because I started one, my brain decided I needed to start another YES AT THE SAME TIME RIGHT NOW.

The point of this is not that I suddenly had the urge to create two paintings at once today, but that I chose paint colors that I thought would look interesting, or created textures that I enjoyed the look of. I don't pay attention to whether or not the combination of orange and purple is a trendy color scheme, for instance. I merely start painting and grab colors that catch my eye at the time.



I'll even just start randomly picking colors that transition from one to the other, which, I admit, might be a little predictable, but if I like the result I figure someone else might, as well.



So, when you're browsing my shop for art, you won't find the latest...you won't find trendy...and you certainly won't find fashionable.


Because truthfully, you should NEVER expect fashionable from an artist whose socks never match :P

No comments:

Post a Comment