Monday, February 18, 2013

Rite of Spring

Spring is almost here. In fact, here in southeast Texas we can pretty much say that spring is around the corner by the end of January. This year I'm welcoming the season by planting new things in my garden - strawberries, cabbage, and spinach (and a replacement rosemary plant for the one that died) and working on some pieces that will feature the colors of spring.

 

 

 

I wanted to showcase the soft shades of green and aqua, as well as the colors of the warm sun and budding flowers. They are both in acrylics - the first painting is on an artists panel measuring 6" x 8", and the second is on a 1 1/2" deep canvas measuring (I believe) 12" x 24". Neither piece is titled yet.

I'll also work on producing some ACEOs to showcase spring themes. I may follow the trend of the two paintings and create simple, abstract pieces, or I may decide to produce more detailed works such as this one, Titled "Among All the Commotion":

So, with new art ideas, along with projects around the house, lots of thorough cleaning, not to mention my full time day job, I've really got work to do!

What plans have you got for spring?

3 comments:

  1. I wish it was almost spring here. Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I do wish we had a tiny bit more of a winter here! And thank you for the very nice compliment :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.
    Cccam Server
    Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete